Saturday, April 7, 2018

Christian Books for Kids

My Toddler Bible By Juliet David & Chris Embleton-Hall

I was sent a free copy of My Toddler Bible By Juliet David & Chris Embleton-Hall for only my honest review of My Toddler Bible By Juliet David & Chris Embleton-Hall.
My Toddler Bible By Juliet David & Chris Embleton-Hall is a book made up of bible stories that use words that young children can understand. This does make the stories very simple in nature. For instance the Adam and Eve Bible story does not focus on the fact that the snake is the devil, or the nakedness of Adam and Eve, it only focuses on the fact that they ate the apple against God's orders and were punished by being cast out of Eden. The story or retold in a simple manner that is perfect for young children learning the stories for the first time, but as the children age they will need an older bible.

I Can by Kathryn O'Brian

I was sent a free copy of I Can by Kathryn O'Brian for only my honest and unbiased review of I Can by Kathryn O'Brian.
As many of you know I enjoy reading and reviewing children's books. As an after school counselor I love find new books for children to enjoy. I found this book to be extremely simple in nature. I was expecting it to be story like, but it is not. If anything I would describe it like a collection of short poems, though they are not poems just a repeat of similar things. For instance one page reads:
"I can jump!
I can laugh!
I can run and play
and skip and dance.
I can sing and climb
and swim and swing!
I can."
As you can see this type of writing is very simple and best left to very young children. I would say toddler age.That aside the book teaches children to be grateful for all that they can do and for Christ. The illustrations are done beautifully. Each picture is designed to help a child understand what the words say.

Disclaimer

I was sent a free copy of ICB, Princess Bible, Purple Pearl: International Children's Bible by Thomas Nelson in exchange only for my honest and unbiased review of ICB, Princess Bible, Purple Pearl: International Children's Bible by Thomas Nelson.

ICB, Princess Bible, Purple Pearl: International Children's Bible by Thomas Nelson

The ICB, Princess Bible, Purple Pearl: International Children's Bible by Thomas Nelson is perfect for any princess. The bible is a pretty purple and pink color with LOTS of sparkles. The outside alone will drag any pretty princess closer. The ICB, Princess Bible, Purple Pearl: International Children's Bible by Thomas Nelson is designed to get young princesses interested in God's word. ICB, Princess Bible, Purple Pearl: International Children's Bible by Thomas Nelson uses easy to understand and read bible translations with a lager font type. One of the features that I found nice for young princesses was the built in purple ribbon bookmark. The only thing about this bible that I felt made it difficult is the page themselves. The pages are very thin like tissue paper. This makes it difficult for young girls to turn the pages without ripping them so this bible would be best for children eight and up in my mind.

Disclaimer

I was sent a free copy of The Play-Along Bible: Imagining God's Story through Motion and Play by Bob Hartman and Illustrator Susie Poole in exchange only for my honest and unbiased review of The Play-Along Bible: Imagining God's Story through Motion and Play by Bob Hartman and Illustrator Susie Poole.

The Play-Along Bible: Imagining God's Story through Motion and Play by Bob Hartman and Illustrator Susie Poole

The Play-Along Bible: Imagining God's Story through Motion and Play by Bob Hartman and Illustrator Susie Poole is a good book for integrating the Bible into your child’s playtime. The Play-Along Bible works to inspires children’s imaginations while also helping them to understand God’s Word. The book works to incorporate bible teachings with acting that will help to pull a young child into the teachings.
When parents tell stories to their children they often use different voices for different people or characters and they will make strange noises and huge motions with their hands. This The Play-Along Bible: Imagining God's Story through Motion and Play by Bob Hartman and Illustrator Susie Poole simply takes some of the effort out of it for the parent. Instead of having to come up with acting motions on the spot the book tells the parent what to do at each point in the bible story to help draw the interest of their child. Check out the video to the right for a preview of the book so that you can see how the book shows the different action motions to the parents.
I personally found each story to be a bit too simple, however that is what would make this a could starter introduction to the bible for very young children (preschool and under). The graphics are beautifully done by Susie Poole. They really work to capture the interest of young children. Again check out the video for a sample.

God Bless Our Country Board book by Hannah Hall and illustrated Steve Whitlow

I was sent a free copy of God Bless Our Country Board book by Hannah Hall and illustrated Steve Whitlow for only my honest and unbiased review of God Bless Our Country Board book by Hannah Hall and illustrated Steve Whitlow.
God Bless Our Country Board book by Hannah Hall and illustrated Steve Whitlow is a great book for toddlers the book is a board book so it is much sturdier than paperback and hard cover books. The cover has a bit of a cushion to it as well so it would not hurt as much if a child hit him or herself with this book. The pages are made from a pressed cardboard like material making them difficult to tear. The book uses beautiful pictures to draw young children in ( the animal pictures are very cute). The words are easy for a young toddler to understand. This book would make a good first reading book as well. I feel this book would be good for any young Christian toddler.

Angels in the Bible Storybook By Allia Zobel Nolan

I was sent a free copy of Angels in the Bible Storybook By Allia Zobel Nolan for nylon a honest and unbiased review of Angels in the Bible Storybook By Allia Zobel Nolan.
I am kind of on the fence about Angels in the Bible Storybook By Allia Zobel Nolan the book is definitely for kids 7 and up I would say because of the reading level. I expected the book to focus on angles only. Instead it focuses mostly on angels. I have not read the entire bible so I am not sure if all of the stories in the book are correct. However they are definitely toned down so as to be good for a younger audience. The book avoids blood and gore so as to be good for young children. I personally would recommend one of the other books in this hub instead of this one. Any of the books above this review would be a good choice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is amazing, nice written and come with approximately all
    important infos. I'd like too see extra polsts like thhis
    .

    ReplyDelete