Friday, April 1, 2016

Tasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient CityTasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient City by Katie Parla
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am not one to completely trash a book in a review. So I will start with the positives before going into the negatives. The positives:

  1. There is a table of contents
  2. The book provides information about ingredients that the reader might not know about if they are not from Rome
  3. Each Recipe is laid out in a simple fashion: ingredients, steps, servings
  4. The recipe title is translated in English

The Negatives:

  1. I would say about 90% of the recipes are all meat
  2. I had to keep flipping back and forth through out the book in order to understand the recipe due to the ingredients
  3. I am not sure where to go to even get half of the ingredients
  4. Many of the recipes lacked pictures so even with the translations I had no idea what I was going to be making
  5. The table of contents is very vague it is hard to locate individual recipes without looking through an entire section.

I was sent this book for free for only my honest and unbiased review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment