Monday, April 11, 2016

I'm Not Afraid by Lee Ann Mancini

I'm Not Afraid by Lee Ann Mancini


28802048This wonderful-underwater world of vibrant colors shows Susie and her friend going to the Undersea Amusement Park. Susie makes many excuses not to ride the Whale-Back Coaster. After speaking with her mommy and saying a prayer to Jesus, she rides the ride and her fear turns into faith! She learns that praying to Jesus during difficult times, and having faith, is all she needs to overcome her fears. Susie’s friend, Rachel, helps her too and the two of them have a fun-filled day!




Preview


Review


I always enjoy getting the chance to review children's books because as an after school counselor I am always looking for new books for my kids. This book is a great child's book because it teaches children that it is okay to be afraid. It tells children that when they are afraid it is okay to ask for help. This book truly teaches children the power of prayer. I really liked the little bible pictures scattered through out the book for the reader to try and find. The fish characters have a lot of personality and they are easy for young children to relate to. I do think it would have been better to also have a male fish creature in the book because all the main fish are female which might make it difficult for a male child to relate to the characters when they are all female. However overall this is a great book for any child working on dealing with their fears.
***I was sent this book for free for test and review purposes for only my honest and unbiased review; I was given no payment or any form of compensation for this review. These views are 100% my own and were not influenced by anything, but the product itself.I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment