Thursday, December 3, 2015

Occupied by Joss Sheldon

OccupiedOccupied by Joss Sheldon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is split into three sections with each section having four subsections. The main sections are childhood adolescents, and adulthood. The subsections are each named by character they are: Tamsin, Ellie, Arun, Charlie.I really liked the way the book was organized by age and by character it helped the story to blend together while still allowing me to understand the story from different perspectives. My favorite character was Ellie. I found myself understanding her the most and I enjoyed reading about how she changed from an entitled girl who wanted everything for herself to a child that wanted to help others. In the Ellie section in part one Ellie's mother has a quote that really struck a chord with me it was: "“But whilst they’ll forget the people who harmed them, they’ll never forget the people who helped them. Because the power of hatred is limited, but the power of love is boundless." I personally found myself skipping the Tamsin and Charlie sections as I prefered Ellie and Run.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment