Friday, October 16, 2015

Phoenix Claws and Jade Trees: Essential Techniques of Authentic Chinese Cooking by Kian Lam Kho

Phoenix Claws and Jade Trees: Essential Techniques of Authentic Chinese CookingPhoenix Claws and Jade Trees: Essential Techniques of Authentic Chinese Cooking by Kian Lam Kho
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First off I really am barely a hobby chef. I cook occasionally when needed and I do not cook meat at all. I am a complete vegetarian, no meat at all, but I do eat animal products like milk and such. I was interested in this book because the techniques could be used to cook tofu. I was rather disappointed on this front because most of the recipes involved meat and I had to wade through them and the massive amounts of history and background information to find the few tofu recipes. I really wish there were more of them. However on the bright side almost all of the recipes can be adapted to use tofu instead of meat with just a few changes. I found the images to be beautiful. I also like the fact that the book came with its own page marker (very useful).

View my Full review at:

http://misty103.hubpages.com/hub/Phoe...

I was sent this book for free for only my honest and unbiased review by blogging for books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment