Monday, July 20, 2015

Second Street Station: A Mary Handley Mystery by Lawrence H. Levy

Second Street Station: A Mary Handley MysterySecond Street Station: A Mary Handley Mystery by Lawrence H. Levy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. It made the book look like it was old even though it was brand new. The cover told me that this was a book about the past before I even opened the cover. Once I began reading the book I became confused by the prologue which was about a man referred to as the Frenchman instead of the female detective Mary. Chapter one was where Mary appeared and the first chapter was where the reader learned about who Mary was as a person and how she became who she was. I loved how the book flashed back to her childhood days. My favorite part was when Mary put on the murder case. I also like how Mary played stupid at a party to get information from Edison, and to outwit him. I was surprised by how much of the book was real and I enjoyed the mix of real and fiction. Overall I found this book to be a good read even though the viewpoint swaps were a bit confusing.
"I received this book from Blogging for Books for free for this review."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment